Transactions contain unique business messages that are communicated between two companies. There are many transaction types, to find out which transactions types are supported by Orderful, you can find them here.
Choose how to create a transaction
You can create a transaction in Orderful using different methods:
- Create a transaction using Orderful APIs
- Create a transaction by uploading a file
- Create a transaction manually using the webform feature
- Create a transaction by copying an existing transaction
- Create a transaction by sending a file over an AS2 connection
Creator vs Sender of the transaction
When you create a transaction, you become the creator of the transaction. It doesn't mean that you are the sender of the transaction. The sender of the transaction is defined by the sender ISA ID of the transaction.
- You can create a transaction as a sender or as a receiver. Creating transactions as a receiver means you create transactions on behalf of your partner. It is useful when testing a relationship.
- To trade live transactions, the creator of the transaction must be the sender of the transaction.
- If you create a transaction as a receiver, some features deactivated for the sender: Transaction notifications, Rule writing and processing, Guideline validation, Functional acknowledgment.
Tip: From the transaction list view, if transactions have a sender different than its creator, the creator of the transaction (you or your partner) will be identified under the stream.