Why is it important to gather EDI requirements from your trading partners?
- Orderful digitizes EDI requirements in our platform to enable automatic validation when testing.
- We also need this information to configure connectivity between you and your trading partner.
Gathering Requirements is a 4-step process:
Step 1: After completing the Trade Request , you should have received a form from Orderful's automated ticketing system that you can send to your trading partners. If you have not yet received this form, please reach out to your Onboarding Architect.
Step 2: Send the same form to your trading partners and follow-up with them until submitted.
Step 3: Upon form submission, you will receive an alert that the form has been completed.
Step 4: Orderful reviews your partner’s requirements and does one of the following:
- Accepts the Trade Request
Your partner’s requirements are digitized and configured on the Orderful platform.
- Rejects the Trade Request
If some of your partner’s requirements are incomplete, missing, or inaccurate, Orderful reaches out to you for follow-up questions.
Email Template for Communicating to your Trading Partners
- Copy the template below and paste it into a new email message.
- Customize the [placeholder text].
- Review any *NOTES* and add information, if relevant
- Add any additional context that's relevant to your business use case
- Send the email to your trading partner and ask them to reply with any questions or comments
Suggested Email Template for Communicating with your Trading Partner
Dear [Trading Partner Name],
We are reaching out to begin our EDI implementation with you and gather your EDI Requirements. You will find our EDI profile [attached].
*NOTE* if you do not have an EDI profile, be sure you outline the below information:
We are looking forward to testing and trading with you soon!
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to have a phone call.