- Where can I find my ISA ID and Qualifier Information in Orderful?
- What are ISA IDs and Qualifiers?
- Orderful's ISA ID Format
- Example of ISA ID and Qualifier in X12:
Where can I find my ISA ID and Qualifier Information in Orderful?
Your ISA ID and Qualifier information live under EDI Accounts in your organization settings. When you first join Orderful, we create your ISA ID and Qualifier for you.
What are ISA IDs and Qualifiers?
Similar to "To" and "From" address labels on a piece of mail, the ISA ID and Qualifier identifies the sender and receiver of a transaction. This information is required in order for transactions to transmit successfully.
Orderful's ISA ID Format:
Orderful recommends the following format for ISA IDs:
- ODFL - Short for Orderful
- T - add this if this is a test ISA ID
- 001 - indicates the number of EDI Accounts. This is helpful if you have multiple.
- CUSTOMER NAME - a shortened version of your company's name
- ISA ID: ODFL001AMAZON
- Test ISA ID: ODFLT001AMAZON
The Qualifier indicates which type of ISA ID you are using. There are more than 30 qualifier types but the below three are the most common.
- Qualifier ‘ZZ’ — Mutually defined identifier
- Qualifier ‘01’ — DUNS number — (Dun & Bradstreet’s master Data Universal Numbering System)
- Qualifier ‘12’ — Telephone number
Example of ISA ID and Qualifier in X12:
Here’s an example with a phone number to identify the sender and a mutually defined ISA ID for the receiver:
ISA*00* *00* *12*4155559874 *ZZ*ODFL001AMAZON