- If you are a Follower: https://docs.orderful.com/docs/set-up-trading-partnership-follower
- If you are a Leader: https://docs.orderful.com/docs/set-up-trading-partnership-leader
The Trade Request feature formalizes your request to start a new business partnership with a partner. Trade requests are submitted, reviewed, and can be either accepted or rejected. Upon acceptance, relationships with your new partner are created and the Scenario testing feature will guide you through the testing requirements of the partnership until Go Live.
Important - Prerequisites
Follower: You must have gathered your partner’s requirement prior to submitting a Trade Request.
More details in this article: Gathering requirements from your partner.
Submit a trade request
To submit a new trade request:
- Go to “Trade Requests” on the left navigation menu..
The Trade Requests page lists all of your:
- Click on the “Create Trade Request” button on the right.
- On the “Create trade request” pop-up, fill in:
- Your information
- Select the EDI Account you want to use for this partnership
- The guideline and testing requirement assignor
If you select “My EDI account”, you are the Leader of this partnership.
If you select “My trading partner”, you are the Follower of this partnership.
- Your partner information
- ISA ID and ISA Qualifier
- Email contact
Note: For Leaders, we use the email contact to send an Orderful Platform invite to your partner. Please ensure this email goes to the best resource to complete the EDI onboarding.
- Company name
- Click “Submit”.
Steps after a trade request submission
Upon the trade request submission:
- Orderful sends you an email requesting your Trading Partner requirements. More details on this article: Gathering requirements from your partner.
- Fill in form with your partner information.
- Orderful team reviews your partner’s requirements and digitize them on the Orderful network.
- Orderful can:
- Reject your trade request if we’re missing requirements, or have incomplete or inaccurate requirements.
- Accepts your trade request and configure the relationships on your partner’s side. You are now ready to start configuring and testing your relationships!
- Orderful sends your partner an email requesting your Trading Partner to join Orderful and begin setup and testing with you.
- Your Trading Partner will receive onboarding instructions which will guide them through testing with you.
- All parties involved in the partnership can reach out to email@example.com for assistance if needed.
You can monitor and edit your inbound or outbound trade requests from the ‘Trade Requests’ menu.
- Outbound Requests are partnership requests you create
- Inbound Requests are partnership requests you receive from a partner
For more information, see Trade Requests